Be a part of what God is doing in and through Cherry Hills Community Church. Thank you for considering employment at Cherry Hills. We’re eager to meet people like you who have a growing relationship with Christ and a desire to make an impact on our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ.
Cherry Hills Community Church
Next Generation Director
This is a full-time management position also serving as a member of the Executive Team.
Oversees all children and student ministries. Directly oversees one or more of the student ministry age groups while also managing directors of the other age groups. Has experience in growing and leading large church student ministries. Spiritual gifts must include leadership and teaching.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying, recruiting and hiring exceptional staff in all Next Gen areas
- Managing the staff effectively both on the “what” (measureable outcomes) and the “how” (staff engagement and culture)
- Teaching the collective program at least 35 times annually
- Ensuring a high-energy and high-impact program weekly at least 50 weeks per year
- Developing a connectional infrastructure of ministries to adequately provide appropriate spans of care to all children and students
- Recruit, develop, train, and retain an incredible volunteer core of leaders and shepherds for both children and student ministries
- Manage and lead camps and events to maximally align with the efforts of the student ministries
- Developing and maintaining exceptionally high staff engagement scores
- Effectively hire and place people as measured by effective ministry outcomes
- Grow junior high and senior high school ministries to exceed 10% of total church weekend attendance
- Grow children and pre-teen ministries consistently and in step with adult attendance growth
- Reach many students far from God as measured in annual baptisms
- Connect more students into transformational community as measured in small group participation
- Develop exceptional biblical literacy and personal bible engagement in children and students
- Growth in camp attendance to exceed average weekly weekend attendance.
- Senior Pastor – Next Gen Director works with Senior Pastor closely on all ministry strategy, staff-wide directives, people placements, & people development
- Executive Team – The Next Gen Director is a member of the executive team of the church and works to be a great team player always putting the whole over his/her own area of responsibility
- Next Gen Ministries – The Next Gen Director works with his/her direct reports to accomplish responsibilities and results.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- High level of energy, organization, personal motivation and responsiveness
- Proven ability to work effectively in team settings
- Active engagement as a member and volunteer of Cherry Hills Community Church
- Strong sense of calling to serve in a church ministry setting
- Active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ including a biblical lifestyle
- Agreement with Cherry Hills Community Church's tenets of faith.
Interested candidates must complete and submit the following by email to Claudia Wilcox:
- Application for Employment
- Provide at least two videos or links to videos of applicant teaching high school students
- Description of the intangibles of why you believe your ministry has been effective
- Tangible measures of: weekly high school youth attendance, annual baptisms, percentage of weekly attendance participating in small groups, number of volunteers, any other relevant measurable
- Reference Check Authorization
- The Essentials of the Faith
Interested candidates can contact Claudia Wilcox for more information and a complete job description.
This is a full time position Monday-Friday 8 a.m.--5 p.m.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the payroll function for the church and school. This position requires a high level of trust in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- All payroll functions including but not limited to:
- maintains employees information for calculation of paychecks and reporting to federal and state agencies
- ensuring timely distribution of employee paychecks, W-2’s, federal and states tax deposits, etc.
- working with outside payroll service provider
- maintenance of payroll records and files
- entering of time sheet data
- transmission of payroll information to outside payroll service provider
- Functions related to the 403b plan including but not limited to:
- employee contributions
- employer contributions
- statements for employees
- New hire setup including but not limited to:
- communication to appropriate staff
- updating Excel spreadsheets, records and census data
- benefits enrollment coordination
- Prepare audit work papers and respond to audit related inquiries in payroll & benefits areas.
- Various reconciliations including but not limited to:
- Salary bank account
- Worker’s compensation
- Three - five years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to work independently with a low level of supervision.
- Excellent ability to handle, file and work with highly confidential information
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven experience with outside payroll service providers.
- CHCC membership and active engagement in the life of the church.
All interested candidates should send completed Application for Employment and current resume to Claudia Wilcox.
Toddler/Two’s Coordinator – Grace Place
This is a part-time, approximately 12-15 hours per week – Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, home hours as needed.
The person in this position shall have a vision to develop a strong and vibrant Toddler/Two’s department. This includes oversight of volunteer teams, recruiting and training, curriculum development and building relationships with parents.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit, train, schedule and nurture volunteer teams. (5 classes each hour)
- Maintain all administrative documentation. (Weekly attendance, follow-up contacts, etc.)
- Maintain classrooms with the necessary items needed to run Sunday morning. Weekly set up and clean up.
Requirements and qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Leadership skills in the area of organization, communication and problem solving.
- Apple Computer skills, including data base management, word processing and e-mail.
- Child development knowledge.
Interested candidates can contact Jane Scarbrough for more information and a complete job description.
Wild Blue Coffee is currently accepting applications for baristas.
Hours include Sunday and weeknights/ days - varied. Less than 20 hrs a week.
Manager: Paul Kuenne
Cherry Hills Christian Schools
Look for specific opportunities as well as employment application packets on our school website.
Cherry Hills Community Church and Cherry Hills Christian Schools do not discriminate in their hiring practices on the basis of race, color, gender, or age. However, religious organizations are exempt from Title VII’s religious bias prohibitions to the extent that such organizations may require individuals hired to hold the same religious beliefs as the employer. Religious organizations may give preferential treatment in employment to individuals of that religion with respect to any work connected with the organization - even positions which are not religious, such as a custodian or a maintenance worker.